Review: Arise by Tara Hudson


Arise (Hereafter, #2)
Tara Hudson

Publication date:
June 5th 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen



Read my review of Hereafter, book 1 here.





From Goodreads:
New Orleans
Saint Louis
Number One Cemetery
A night there can change a life . . . or a death.

Increasingly worried that dark spirits will carry out their threats and hurt the people she cares for most, Amelia is ready to try anything to protect them. And for his own very different reasons, Joshua has come to this cemetery at midnight to join her in a powerful ritual.

Both know that once Amelia steps inside the Voodoo circle and the beautiful girl from the Conjure CafE begins the cere-mony, everything will change.

Tara Hudson's enthralling sequel to "Hereafter" escalates the danger and excitement, bringing a new dimension to her already mesmerizing story of a haunted love.


My Review:
They did it again! Arise has such a beautiful cover, I can't stop look at it. Just like the cover of Hereafter.

What is unlike Hereafter, Arise is amazing! I'm so glad I picked up this book, I can't explain how much. I debated so much if I should read Arise or not, because I didn't like Hereafter very much, but I'm glad I did.

Arise is so much better, and Tara's writing here is just wow! I feel like it's Tara 2.0.

Unlike Hereafter, beginning in Arise is pretty slow. They all go to New Orleans for Christmas. New characters are introduced, some of Joshuas cousins and Alex. And that's when the story starts being really interesting. Amelia soon realizes that there's more to New Orleans than there should be. There's a bunch of young seers around her and there's a lot of voodoo.
She meets a fellow ghost too, Gaby. I love her character! She may even be my favorite. She's fun and full of surprises.

Throught the whole book Amelia fights her fear that Demons are going to hurt her loved ones, and she is debating whether to leave them or to stay with them. Also her relationship with Joshua is on thin ice. Not because they don't love each other, but because Amelia doesn't see a future with him. While he grows old she'll stay the same forever. Sounds familiar? Yeah I know, but it still goes well with the story, I promise.

If you have any doubts and you're not sure if you want to continue Hereafter series, trust me on this one and read it. I know I can't wait for the Elegy, which is the name of the third book in the series, to come out.


My rating:



About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

1 komentari:

  1. Hey there... NIce review.

    p.s.- I am your new follower.
    please follow back

    http://booklokcoffee.blogspot.in/

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete