Review: Hallowed by Cynthia Hand


Hallowed (Unearthly, #2)
by Chynthia Hand

Publishing Date:
January 17th 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen

You can read my review of Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) HERE.




From Goodreads:
For months Clara Gardner trained to face the fire from her visions, but she wasn't prepared for the choice she had to make that day. And in the aftermath, she discovered that nothing about being part angel is as straightforward as she thought.

Now, torn between her love for Tucker and her complicated feelings about the roles she and Christian seem destined to play in a world that is both dangerous and beautiful, Clara struggles with a shocking revelation: Someone she loves will die in a matter of months. With her future uncertain, the only thing Clara knows for sure is that the fire was just the beginning.

In this compelling sequel to "Unearthly," Cynthia Hand captures the joy of first love, the anguish of loss, and the confusion of becoming who you are.


My Review:
If you think Unearthly was one of the best books you've ever read, you're clearly wrong. Hallowed is even better. It just amazes me how an angel themed book can be so good?

I've read this book in one sit. I just couldn't put it away, I even read it until almost 8am. That's how good this book is.

I love Cynthia Hand's writing. It is never boring. And I love that she actually researched the theme before she jumped in on writing about it. The whole plot is well thought, and it just keeps you intersted.

Unlike Unearthly, this book is not that much based on romance and it's not very fun. Actually it is very sad, because Clara knows that someone close to her will die. But the question is who?

There were so many twists and suprises in this book, that I wasn't even able to keep track of them all. I was trying to predict or guess some things, but I was never even close to the truth.

And please remind me why I said that I actually don't mind the love triangle in Unearthly? Because I do now. xD In Unearthly, I was so in love with Tucker, and I liked Christian but not as much as Tucker. And now after reading Hallowed, I'm just so torned between the two. I like them both. And that's why I hate love triangles. The first book comes out and makes you love one character, and than comes the second book out and ruins everything.

I can't wait for the next book, Boundless, to come out, so I can read it.


My Rating:

About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

1 komentari: