Waiting on Wednesday #21


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


My pick for this week is The Beautiful and the Cursed (The Dispossessed, #1) by Page Morgan. This one sounds really amazing and plus, it has such a gorgeous cover, don't you think?


Expected publication: May 14th 2013


From Goodreads:
Fans of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series and Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle trilogy will devour The Beautiful and the Cursed, a wholly original interpretation of gargoyle lore.

It was bizarre and inexplicable, and after it happened, Ingrid Waverly was forced to leave her life in London behind. She had to trade a world full of fancy dresses and society events for exile in gothic Paris with her mother and her younger sister, Gabby.

In Paris there are no grand balls or glittering parties, and disturbingly, the house rented by Ingrid's twin brother, Grayson, isn't a house at all. It's an abbey. A creepy, old abbey with a roof lined in stone gargoyles that could almost be mistaken for living, breathing creatures.

And to top it all off, Grayson is missing.

Yet no one seems to be concerned about Grayson's whereabouts save for Luc, a devastatingly handsome servant who has some deep and dark secrets of his own.

There's one secret about the city that even Luc can't keep hidden, though: there's a murderer on the loose. And every day that Grayson is missing means there's less chance he's still alive.

Ingrid is sure her twin isn't dead—she can feel it deep in her soul—but she knows that he's in grave danger, and that it's up to her and Gabby to find him before all hope is lost.

And yet the path to him is more dangerous than she could ever imagine.


What's your pick for this week? Leave me a link, and I'll be sure to stop by and check it out!

About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

6 komentari:

  1. Great pick! Never heard this but now I'm in love with the cover and storyline! :))

    Happy Reading :)
    My WoW: http://wwwthebookshelves.blogspot.com/2013/02/waiting-on-wednesday-22-impostor-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds really good! I hadn't heard of this book before, but I sure won't forget about it with a cover that gorgeous. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pick, of course! :D Thanks for sharing, and for dropping by! xxx

    ReplyDelete