Review ~ The Collector by Victoria Scott


The Collector (Dante Walker #1)
by Victoria Scott

Publishing date:
April 2nd 2013
Publisher: Entangled Teen


Book Description:
He makes good girls...bad.

Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence have made him one of hell’s best—a soul collector. His job is simple: weed through humanity and label those round rears with a big red good or bad stamp. Old Saint Nick gets the good guys, and he gets the fun ones. Bag-and-tag.

Sealing souls is nothing personal. Dante’s an equal-opportunity collector and doesn't want it any other way. But he’ll have to adjust, because Boss Man has given him a new assignment:

Collect Charlie Cooper’s soul within ten days.

Dante doesn't know why Boss Man wants Charlie, nor does he care. This assignment means only one thing to him, and that’s a permanent ticket out of hell. But after Dante meets the quirky Nerd Alert chick he’s come to collect, he realizes this assignment will test his abilities as a collector…and uncover emotions deeply buried.

I did it again. I got over excited about a book with a promising storyline, an ultimate bad boy and a big hype around it, but as you can already guess, it failed to impress me. I must learn not to get my hopes up and not to get excited over a book, because in the end, I will probably be disappointed.

The thing about The Collector is that I really wanted to like it and I did like some parts, but most of it was just plain silly. The story beginns when Dante gets an assignment from a Boss Man to collect a soul. It should have been easy and it's a job he's best at, but Charlie is too good, too naive and too saint-like and that's when problems start.

Dante Walker is incredibly arrogant, cocky and full of himself. I did imagine him a little bit different, but nevertheless I did enjoy his character. He was very entertaining and I was laughing at almost everything he said.

Charlie, on the other hand, I did not like. Maybe I didn't have such a big problem with her as a character, but with how she was made. She is supposed to be an avarage teen, but from the decription Scott gave us, I created an image in my head and she looked everything apart from normal. The crooked teeth and awful skin I get, but the limp?

Another thing I added to my list things-you-should-overlook-in-this-book is the storyline. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the book to a point as it was very entertaining and humorous, but I got the feeling that the main focus in this book was how to make Charlie beautiful. Another thing I wasn't a fun of is the romance. It wasn't an insta romance, but it did feel a bit insta from Dante's side and I don't know if I should give him credit. While she was ugly, he found her repulsive, and when she got prettier also his interest grew.

This book is easy and fast read and while I didn't enjoy all segments of the book, I did enjoy some and I will probably read the next book in Dante Walker series out of pure curiosity and to get my dose of laugh. I would recommend this book to everyone who is looking for a funny and entertaining read.


About Unknown

Hi. I'm Anatea, a 23-year-old Croatian girl, living in Germany. I enjoy reading books, traveling, fashion and photography. Let me show you my world.
    Blogger Comment

0 komentari:

Post a Comment